Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

L'm awaiting to see an nhs neurolgist, l'm waiting so see an

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: l'm awaiting to see an nhs neurolgist
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: hi l'm waiting so see an neurology dept NHS in peterborough, as l have tremors in my body and stiffness in my pelvis and both hips and a back problem that's gone on for 2 and half years now. i walk very slowly and I have good days and bad days. l have seen two physio and a chiropractic foe sometime now and they can't work out why my back isn't getting better and the stiffness and my walking is impaired. l am on sertraline 50 mg and l take pain relief only when needed for my lower back pain for my pelvis pain. should l wait to see the neuroiogy dept before l see a back specialist as l don't know if its a back problem or parkingson the physiothrerapist when seeing her last month told me it could be parkingsons which was in my mind at time, but l throught no it can't be that!
JA: Got it. Have you used anything besides 3rd for this?
Customer: No only the NHS Phsysio the G.P and private Chirpractic which does seem to help for a short time with my walking. l don't know if l should wait until l have seen a neurologist first before booking to see a private back specialist to find out if l have spondylosis ? As xrays have shown l have change in both hips and lower back ? But i don't seam to get anywhere with my G.P and this has been going on since march 22 now as all they say is l have to go through physio first to get anywhere so its a constant waiting game and not knowning what's going on ?
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No she has seen me and done some tests and now l' waiting again. my balance is'nt right and i have tremors.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

How long have you been having these symptoms?

Have you seen a doctor for this? Any tests done?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Age 64 - female - since march 22 - l have had the symptoms before but they did get better over 5 years ago- yes seen gp for this \ only a few blood tests to check its not A.S or rheumatiod arthirtis and to check my Lmmune system is ok ?all blood tests were fine normal so l was told by gp receptionist.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
what are your throughts on this ?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
have l been charged £34.00 stills on my credit card for not bening able to talk directly to a Neurologist ?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i'm stll awaiting an answer ?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
what time will you call me?

You are likely to be suffering from the condition called Polymyalgia Rheumatica. This occurs mostly in older adults over the age of 60.

Polymyalgia Rheumatica is a condition when there is stiffness and soreness of the muscles. Its cause is unknown, and it usually resolves spontaneously. The mainstay of treatment is steroids.

You should discuss this with your doctor, you will need to be investigated for this.

Steroids such as prednisolone are the treatment of choice for PMR.

PMR is a self limiting disease and she can expect relief in about a year or so.

The exact dose for steroids will be decided by your doctor.

Besides prednisolone, other steps and medications that you should discuss with your doctor are:

NSAIDS: analgesics are prescribed along with steroids for pain.

Physical exercise: physical exercise is very important. No doubt it will be difficult for youinitially, but this is something not to be neglected. If necessary you should consult a physiotherapist.

Diet: a good healthy diet is important.

Calcium supplements
Methotrexate, azathioprine, and other immunosuppressive drugs: these are used sometimes in refractory PMR.

Tumor Necrosis Factor Inhibitors - Infliximab, Etanercept.

You should discuss all this with your doctor.

You have made a call request, the call request is generated automatically by the website, not by me.

I am afraid I am not in a position to call you now. Your call request is now open to all experts. Someone on the site will probably make a call to you soon. If no one makes the call, you will be refunded the call charges.

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Hi there I am attempting to call you but there is no answer