Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

Please can you help. Bupa told me to contact you as I was

Hi Please can you help. Bupa told me to contact you as I was sent urgently to ACU on Monday this week for bloods, again on Wednesday, yesterday for DVT ultrasound.
JA: Have you used any medication for DVT?
Customer: No medication as it is not DVT but pain and swelling calf and ankle skin so tight and discoloured especially front of foot
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about DVT?
Customer: Have had ultrasound scan and bloods at NHS hospital yesterday and it is according to them not DVT
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have not seen a doctor or GP for around 8 years and I do not have any medical history as far as they are concerned, the surgery practice I am registered with for 20 odd years say that

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question. Thank you very much for your trust in just answer

Can you tell me your age?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Dr. Nickols, I am nearly 63 but very busy and active, not a lot of sitting aroung

How can I help you?

What do you want to know exactly?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Are you Babylon with Bupa? or is this another service?

Dear customer, this is a purely online medical consultation platform where relevant information is provided on topics related to health areas by highly qualified medical professionals; we do not offer personalized or physical medical care, nor are we supposed to replace the face-to-face medical consultation, that said I would like to know what your query is to provide a concrete answer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you Dr. Nickols but as I am with BUPA and they told me to us Babylon as all payment is included in my policy, I have decided to contact them again first.

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you today, I want to tell you that this type of situation should be assessed under strict medical monitoring, if deep vein thrombosis has been ruled out through an ultrasound you can be calm, however, If all is well it is essential to consider the possibility of assessing that it is not an alteration at the level of any artery of the leg, or some musculoskeletal alteration after a blow or trauma, on the other hand if there is irritation in the skin, redness, increased volume, inflammation and pain to the touch you doctor could consider the diagnostic possibility of a cellulitis or an infection of skin and soft parts which is resolved with antibiotics, there is also the possibility that renal alterations can trigger this situation, often the difficulty by the kidney to eliminate fluids can generate an increase in volume in the legs, Meanwhile the recommendation is to start treatment with analgesics such as ibuprofen or diclofenac every 8 hours for two or three days, place cold in the affected area for 5 minutes in the morning and evening and when you are lying in bed face up lift the leg to improve the distribution of fluids and increase the return of fluid from the leg to the different parts of the body. I would like you to keep me informed of your health situation; I will be happy to assist you and guide you in any way I can, and I will be attentive to any additional questions about it through my profile indicated in the following link.   https://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-nickolsm/

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you Dr Nickols, saw the emergency doctor at the surgery this evening who confirmed probably an infection and has prescribed antibiotics...I wait to see if this works or my holiday is cancelled after waiting 3 years

You are welcome, I hope yo get better soon