Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have 3 prolapsed discs and have had a problem with my back

I have 3 prolapsed discs and have had a problem with my back for some time. Last Sunday I twisted my back in the garden and now I cannot get out of bed
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes. He prescribed Tranadol and Robaxin 750 but not working
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so. I have been advised that surgery to release the impinged nerve is not recommended

Dear Customer: Greetings, this is Dr. Basu, experienced Medical Specialist and former attending physician of Harvard Medical School. I am board-certified with many years of experience. I did review your inquiry and I am hoping to give you at least some high-quality guidance here.

Please give me some time to review your concerns. Please be patient with me as I am on and off the computer so responses can be delayed at times, but I will be glad to help.

It is very unfortunate.

Do you have any leg weakness?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I cannot walk for the pain in my thighs (rear)

Thanks for replying.

These symptoms are concerning for possible vertebral fracture.

Spinal cord compression is another serious possibility.

These conditions can result in paralysis of the lower extremities, loss of urine or bowel continence if not addressed properly.

Since tramadol and robaxin together are strong pain meds and you do not see any improvement, that means something is serious wrong.

You will need to go to the local hospital in an ambulance for further evaluation first.