Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

My eyes and head has been hurting for nearly a week now I

Hello, my eyes and head has been hurting for nearly a week now I did an eye test which reported just strain and glasses wer prescribed but now my ear and cheekbone area hurt too and is slightly swollen
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eye itchy?
Customer: for a week no it’s not itchy but it hurts 24/7 and I have blocked nose and heavy head
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I took paracetamol, did lots of steaming but it’s not effective

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask your age/gender and if you have any other medical conditions or allergies, or take medications?

Have you had any recent trauma or injury? Any fever, cough, breathing problems, sore throat, bleeding/discharge from anywhere, vomiting, dizziness or other symptoms?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I haven’t had any injuries, I do have tonsils issue on and off also I’ve had cold for a week now
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I’m 23 year old female

Your symptoms could be due to viral infection or sinusitis.

If you do not have any other symptoms or breathing issues, then you may not need antibiotics at this stage. This sort of viral infection can last up to 7-10 days unfortunately.

You can take paracetamol and/or ibuprofen for the fever and any pain you get if you are not allergic to these medicines and you don't have asthma or stomach issues.

And you can also try warm drinks with lemon/honey/ginger and steaming which can help with the cough and phlegm/mucus.

You can also try Mucinex and Sudafed which can help with any congestion or blocked nose/sinuses.

If your symptoms get worse or you develop breathing difficulties, you should contact 111 for further assessment.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** do I relieve eye pain

Eye symptoms come with viral infections, and you can take paracetamol and/or ibuprofen which should help.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Okay thank you so much!

You are most welcome.