Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I have a little ECG-style like device at home and it tells

Hi I have a little ECG-style like device at home and it tells me whether I have a regular heartbeat etc. I noticed that the past few days it was irregular when I stood up, yet regular when sitting down. The report of an irregular reading is attached.Why is this?

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask your age/gender and if you have any other medical conditions or allergies, or take medications?

Do you have any previous heart disease? Any palpitations, chest pain, breathlessness, wheeze, cough, dizziness, bleeding, nausea/vomiting, unusual sweating, etc?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I an female, 26, no conditions and no medicationI have no heart disease k actually had an echocardiogram and ecg done a few backs and it was normal
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I occasionally have chest pain, like stabbing pain

In that case, I do not suspect anything sinister or serious.

When you stand up, your blood pressure goes up a little bit and this might be the cause.

Also it could just be an artefact and not a true result.

So, if you don't have any symptoms at the moment, you can monitor this for now and see your GP if you develop any new symptoms.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks :) I will do that

You are most welcome :)