Dr.Shakeel Ansari
Dr.Shakeel Ansari, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Diploma clinical Neurology
111828307

I am not constipated but my ovaries are still enlarged from

Hi thereI am not constipated but my ovaries are still enlarged from IVF, but there is no fluid according to my doctors, yet my stomach still looks like this. Is this very bloated? Is it normal? Its not uncomfortable just looks like that.
Hi, this is Dr Ansari, welcome to JA.

It’s not uncommon for women to gain a little weight during IVF treatments. Hormone injections can affect your weight and also your hunger levels. Additionally, depending on how many eggs develop or if you experience any mild ovarian hyperstimulation, you will notice that your stomach will feel bloated and that your jeans feel snug. This is normal and will subside when you start your next period, or within a few weeks of your pregnancy. Make sure to drink plenty of water and to eat foods that are high in fibre to combat digestive issues.

Fertility experts suggest avoiding high-impact exercises like aerobics or strength training during and after the treatment. After this time period, one may resume all normal day-to-day activities. Limiting moderate activities such as walking is advisable unless any other complications arise. You can do mild exercises to make your abdominal muscles strong under the guidance of your physiotherapist.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you! According to the pictures how bad do you think my bloating is?

A front picture can show a better assessment of flanks.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Here is a front picture

The flanks are not full and still have natural curves.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
what does it mean regarding fhe bloating?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Or in general?

In general abdominal ballottement can be evident by fullness of flanks and everted umbilicus, in your case both are not present hence we can say clinically that there is no abdominal ballottement. However, an Ultrasound of the abdomen can confirm a fluid presence.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
no abdominal ballottement is normal/good?

Yes, no abdominal Ballottement.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks :)
You are most welcome any time.