Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

Had severe sharp chest pain lasting about 10 seconds late

Had severe sharp chest pain lasting about 10 seconds late last night. Used spray prescribed after heart attack 16 years ago.Have had very slight occasional twinges during the day today. Advice welcome.
JA: Have you used any medication for the chest pain?
Customer: Only the glyceryl trinitrate spray which I used once.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the chest pain?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Have never needed to use the spray in the 16 years since it was prescribed. Take regular medication including clopdogrel, rampiril, bisoprolol, aspirin, statins.

Hi. I’m Dr. Mark.  I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you.  How old are you?Does exertion bring on the pain?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
78. No exertion does not bring on pain

The nature of the chest pain and the fact that it lasted only briefly speaks against the episodes being cardiac.  If it was old nitroglycerin then it was probably outdated and not effective .  Since you had a heart attack years ago, it’s time to be reevaluated anyway.  I would recommend a CT coronary angiogram to examine your coronary arteries.

While the pains are not typical for heart pains, I never ignore any chest pains in a prior cardiac patient.   Ok?  Do you have any questions?