Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

How likely is lung cancer with just shortness of breath as a

How likely is lung cancer with just shortness of breath as a symptom ? I've had shortness of breath for a couple of months. It'll come out of no where and i feel like I cannot take a breath for a few minutes then it goes away, I've had 3 or 4 of these episodes in the last two months and after a quick Google search, I've became convinced that this is stage 4 lung cancer
This is Dr Chip

That alone is not a sign of lung cancer

It could either be asthma or anxiety and you should have a doctor evaluate it

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I've also had arm and shoulder pain intermittent in chest but I've also been working out trying to improve My lungs. I smoke so naturally I'm terrified but after I googled I read that quitting smoking can cause lung cancer is that true?

Quitting smoking won't cause lung cancer

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
How likely is lung cancer in my age

How old are you?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
32

Very unlikely