How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gupta Your Own Question
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 11877
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Gupta is online now

I had cervical fusion surgery 12 months ago after a

This answer was rated:

Hi There
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I had cervical fusion surgery 12 months ago after a motorbike accident , along with this I had broken my clavicle, this was left to heal on its own and although I am doing well physically, my shoulder has a constant nerve/muscle pain and is noticeably shorter. Is it now possible to have corrective surgery to correct this or would it not be possible now it has fused?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I’ve had the pain constantly since coming off my codeine medication last year. It gets worse when I raise my arm
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My original injuries were fractures to C3,C4,C5 & C6, LHS Clavicle, Fractured 7 LHS Ribs and a punctured lung. My surgery was Posterior fusion C2 -T4.
Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Gupta and I can help you today. I'll be back in a moment with my reply!

I can appreciate your concern about the shorter shoulder and nerve pains,

Certainly, corrective surgery can be done in this situation, though whether it is practical and the chances of a successful outcome, all this needs to be determined by a direct physical examination by an orthopaedic surgeon,

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** recommend a private consultation or doctors referral via the NHS?

NHS would probably not do this easily :)

If you want to avoid the NHS & get an offline consultation, I would recommend getting an appointment at the closest Nuffield hospital, they are a highly rated private hospital chain in UK,
Find out one closest to you here
Warm regards

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok will do, thank you for your time :)

Thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your question. PLEASE USE YOUR MEMBERSHIP! On top of doctors, you have access to thousands of experts including:
• Caring & Licensed Veterinarians -
• Master Mechanics -
• Experience Lawyers -
My name is***** and I want you to come back by clicking this link
In the meantime:
• You can save me as a favourite expert
• Tips of course are never required, but always appreciated

Dr. Gupta and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you