How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18557
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now

I’ve had a lump between my anus and testes for a while.

This answer was rated:

I’ve had a lump between my anus and testes for a while. After it recently became painfully inflamed after having to sit on it. I applied Anusol cream around it. It has subsequently burst and leaked puss. This has relieved the swelling and pain and the colour of the puss has changed from brownish yellow to watery blood. I don’t feel any fever or other symptoms. I’m intending on keeping the area clean with regular baths and further applications of cream. I just need to know if that’s advisable, as seeing a GP in the near future is unlikely and it doesn’t seem serious enough for the ER.
JA: How long have you had the lump? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: A few weeks, i used Anusol cream
JA: Got it. When was your last doctor visit? What did you discuss?
Customer: I’ve not seen a GP in years
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thank you

This is most likely an infection, it is most likely a boil due to staph.

You can try with home treatment first. You should wash with clean water and soap. Keep the area dry. Apply warm compresses if there is pain. You should apply Ointment Bactroban or Fucidin (Mupirocin) on the areas. If these are not available OTC then use Neosporin Ointment/ Savlon ointment (OTC). Avoid touching the area and then then touching other areas of the skin or other persons. Each time after touching the area of infection, hands should be washed thoroughly with soap and water as the infection can spread to other parts of the skin and other persons.

However, if the infection is not controlled by these methods and repeated infections persist, or if the infection spreads, then you will need to approach a doctor. You will need prescription ointments for staph like Bactroban or Fucidin. You may also need oral antibiotics.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Dr. P. Jyoti and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you very much for your advice, I’ll follow your recommendations.

Glad to help.

Wish you best of health and a quick recovery. I would like to know of your progress, please keep me informed on this thread if possible.

If you require help again, you can always come back to the JA site and ask your question. If you want me as your expert in the future, you can mark me as 'Favourite Expert' and use the “Ask me a new question” feature.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you, I’ll do that