Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I am 35 years old female and have high temperature, coughing

Hi,I am 35 years old female and have high temperature, coughing and fatigue for the past 4 days.What do you recommend?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My Covid-19 test is negative.
Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 17years of experience in the field of Medicine. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

1. May I know your age and gender please?
  2. Since how long have you had this?
  3. Is it associated with high grade fever or body pains or severe cough/ fatigue/ muscle weakness/ diarrhea/ loss of sense of smell and taste?
  4. Is there any contact with anybody with streptococcal pharyngitis or COVID-19?
  5. Is the pain in the throat predominant symptom or cough?
  6. Are you having any lymph node swellings in the neck region?
  7. Is there any swallowing difficulty?
  8. Did any of your contacts got diagnosed recently with streptococcal pharyngitis?
  9. Can you upload an image of the throat?

As you are not able to respond. I will try my level best with the minimal information available.
"Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps."
Please do remember that you can still come back to me for further clarification.
Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello...I understand your concern. I am sorry for your symptoms.

I do not think think this is related to COVID-19.
Cough and cold are viral 95% of the times.

For cold you can use anti-allergics like Levocetirizine and for nose block, saline nasal decongestants will do.
For cold you can use Levocetrizine at 5mg/dose as a single daily dose for 3 days. But usually it is indicated in above 6 months age. But unfortunately this is non-OTC.
(OR)
The other alternative is Syrup Benadryl (12.5mg/5ml) strength. You can give 10ml three times a day for a period of 3 days. Although this is a first generation antihistamine medication, this is an excellent cough suppressant please. This is OTC.
For nasal block, plain saline nasal drops will do, every 4-6th hourly to relive nasal congestion.
As of now I suggest -

1. Saline nasal drops one drop in each nostril every sixth hourly or as and when required if nose is blocked.
  2. There is pain or discomfort or fever you can take Ibuprofen 400mg 3 times a day after food or on as and when required basis. Other option is Tylenol.
  3. Warm salt water gargling 3 or 4 times a day, 30 minutes before food for a couple of days.

There is nothing to worry about anything serious going on.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!
Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you Dr. Amperayani. Sorry I had a connection problem earlier.

I am here to help...please do continue if you still have concerns.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
As my temperature kept going up despite medicines, I went to hospital. I am in Turkey for holiday so I also wanted to rule out any local diseases that I am not aware. I had IV fluids which helped a lot and I had a blood test done. I was diagnosed with a viral infection. Some of the results also came back as low;
CPR 43.3 mg/L
Eosinophil# *****
Eosinophil% 0.3
RBC 4.43
PDW 16.0
The other results are within normal
limits.
What do you think about the low levels of these? Do you think it is related to the infection?
I was also prescribed
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This is a photo of the results.

For all practical purposes this is a normal report as long as your hemoglobin and platelet count are normal.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was also prescribed Clarithromycin for precaution.
I am sorry to say wasn't indicated. This looks like viral and antibiotics don't work in viral illness.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
but I was told it is a precaution but I am not sure whether to take this or not.

There is no such concept as far as antibiotic is concerned. But no harm either.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your advice Dr. Amperayani.

I wish you an early recovery!
I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease.
In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can add me as a favorite Expert then type @ followed by my name in your next chat.
You can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
You need to start your question with my name referred as Dr Amperayani only.