Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I would like to have an orbital x-ray, but my GP will not

I would like to have an orbital x-ray, but my GP will not refer me on the NHS, how much will it cost to get a referral and an x-ray privately?
JA: Have you discussed the X-ray with a doctor?
Customer: yes with my GP. I am ex-military and had some fragments lodged in my left eye while on combat operations in 1992 in the middle east. At the time the doctors decided not to attempt to remove the foreign bodies as they were close to my retina. I am now looking to participate in a clinical trial for oesteo arthritis at St Pancreas clinic and would like to make sure there are no longer any metal-based foreign bodies in my eyes, before I am allowed to have an MRI scan, which is part of the clinical trials.
JA: Got it. Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: NoI have never needed to and my eye sight was not affected. However, my GP has refused to provide me with a referral for an x-ray. I would really like to participate in the trial and I am willing to pay for the x-ray myself
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: acute pain in my left knee
Customer: replied 3 days ago.

Cost would be about 100 pounds.

You can google 'private Xray lab near me' and call and make an appointment. You can do it with self referral.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks for that. How do I cancel my membership please?

For any enquires about membership and cancellation, you have to write to customer service. We are medical experts who log on to the site just as you have done and do not have any knowledge or authority on payment services.

You can reach them here:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

or

Call 1(888)(###) ###-####/p>