Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I have a globulin level of 14, what could that mean? no, i

i have a globulin level of 14, what could that mean?
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: no, i have just had a blood test and a few things have come up. the doctor has asked me to go for two more blood tests, the same happened last year. Low white blood cell count and low globulin. What should i do?
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: it is hard to see a doctor they are too busy and dont tell you what the problem is
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: i am transgender and on testorsterone for ten years

Hi. I’m Dr. Mark.  I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you.  Can you upload your labs so I can review them?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sorry, that will take me at least two hours
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have problems with low white blood cells and low serum globulin
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I had these problems flagged up last year also
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
the white blood cells are 3.7
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
the serum globulin is 14
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
any ideas?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I just want to know if it is diet related and what I can do to improve them

It depends on how low the globulin level is.  What is the range for your lab?  Slightly low levels are not usually a concern. Very low levels are due to malnutrition, liver or kidney disease , inflammatory bowel disease or hemolytic anemia.  You would have many symptoms with any of these disorders.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The range is 19-47

Eating more protein in the diet can raise globulins. I’d have to see all of the labs to better analyze your situation.  Make sure that you don’t have any of the conditions I mentioned.

Do you follow me?

Do you have any questions?