Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I had a bike accident and damaged the nerves and tissue in

I had a bike accident and damaged the nerves and tissue in my knee and broke the nidfle The middle of my spine I keep getting RLS at night in one leg
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: I have swelling still on my knee 4 weeks after accident it’s just that leg
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

I am sorry to hear, what is your question please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Why am I getting RLS at night times in my bad leg after 4 weeks of my accident?

Thanks - 4 weeks post injury is very early. The restless sensation is more likely due to inflammation. This can take a few months to settle. You could try an anti inflammatory before you go to bed at night to see if that helps. Ibuprofen, if not, a stronger one like Naproxen.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok Thankyou and what if that doesn’t work?

Then if the problem persists you should have physiotherapy. If they still feel there is a nerve related problem an MRI scan of the injury.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thanks for your help

That is my pleasure, I hope that this improves soon for you.

Is there anything else regarding this I can help you with?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That’s it thanks

Thanks, ***** ***** best.