Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

My son has been having high temperature, how often can i

My son has been having high temperature, how often can i give him calpol and nurofen?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: calpol and nurofen, i haven’t seen a doctor it started yesterday afternoon
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: he’s had stitches removed on Thursday from his chin. He had the stitches last week after a fall in the pool

Welcome to Just Answer.

Answers here are for education and information.

I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

What is his age?

Are you giving him both?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
5.5 years. I am giving him both alternating every 4 hours . But i feel it’s not enough, his temperature is creeping back up quickly and he’s having chills. I am wondering if it’s related to his operation (the stiches and the removal of them on Thursday afternoon) should i get him to A&E tomorrow ?

Thanks for talking on the phone.