Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

About a week ago I had cystitis, took 6 tablets of

good morning About a week ago I had cystitis, took 6 tablets of nitrofuranton, seemed to go away then I thought had thrush but cystits back and slight blood in water. Is it possible for a prescription for the same sent to Asad pharmacy Grantham
JA: When were you prescribed Nitrofurantoin? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: tuesday 2nd august
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the cyst?
Customer: the doctor prescribed over the phone. I do get cystitis from time to time
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not that i can think of

Welcome to Just Answer.

Answers here are for education and information.

I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

Thanks for the question.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 3-5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

Just Answer may provide prescription services to some customers. So you may check;

Customers can access the benefit, if available, by clicking on “Try RX Benefits” at the top of the chat box or by checking their “My benefits” page.

A urinary tract infection, as a rule, warrants a urine culture for evaluation (with a routine urine analysis). A urine culture test substantiates the infection and gives you the best antibiotic to treat and eradicate it and prevent its recurrence.

Treating a UTI without a culture test is like going into the sea without navigation help.

You may go to your GP/PCP or a walk-in clinic for a urine culture to properly manage it.

The following measures would be helpful, meanwhile;

1) Drinking plenty of fluids and water

2) Cranberry extract capsule.

3) Avoiding alcohol drinks and caffeine drinks

4) Azo/Pyridium for urinary burning/pain (it is without the prescription and is a urinary analgesic).

5) Take Rephresh probiotic

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Ok

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

Stay blessed.