Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I had a PEG tube removed 7 weeks ago, but last night I had

Hey, I had a PEG tube removed 7 weeks ago, but last night I had quite a heavily liquid leak from the wound. Should I be concerned?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No, not yet, and no medication at the moment
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No daily medication. I'm allergic to infliximab
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing particularly, just worried about possible infection

You should wait and observe for now. This need not signify anything serious, it could be just a pocket of fluid which was entrapped earlier and has been released now. Since you do not have pain or other symptoms, infection is not likely. However if you continue to have discharge you will have to see your doctor.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** keep an eye on it

Glad to help.

Wish you best of health and a quick recovery. I would like to know of your progress, please keep me informed on this thread if possible.

If you require help again, you can always come back to the JA site and ask your question. If you want me as your expert in the future, you can mark me as 'Favourite Expert' and use the “Ask me a new question” feature.