Dr Yu
Dr Yu,
Experience:  Expert
118353565

I was described Flucloxacillin and Audivate cream 1%. The

I was described Flucloxacillin and Audivate cream 1%. The tablets are to large for me to swallow, it’s on my notes I can’t take large tablets, as the muscle in my throat will not let me swallow, this through having cancer and dermamyotosis. Can I have liquid form please, no drs
JA: Have you used this medication or anything similar before?
Customer: not liquid form ,had antibiot once but smaller,
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about cancer?
Customer: yes I had it 17 yrs ago in my Fallopian tube had hysterectomy
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Thank you for your questions. My name is***** so you might be aware I might be called away within a moments time but do not worry I will get back to you. Can I ask regarding the medications that you are on. Who had prescribed your flucloxacillin?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My local Dr

Just so that you are aware, JustAnswer is limited to providing you any prescriptions. You are correct, that flucloxacillin comes in liquid form. Do you stay in the UK?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I live at Martlesham Heath Ipswich.I just need the liquid form as I cannot swallow large tablets, to do with muscles in throat,I am not on any other medication

Im so sorry to hear this. I have checked that even if you got to your community pharmacy, that it cannot be changed by the pharmacy as the form prescribed is a large difference.

The solutions around this are:

1) GP out of hours to re-issue a new prescription of flucloxacillin in liquid form (NHS)

2) A private prescription

another question is that have you had flucloxacillin in liquid form before?

It might be of value to call your local community pharmacy if you have had this before, and to ask whether they can change this rather than calling the GP out of hours.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No I have only had antibiotics once before,throat was not to bad then, l had cancer of Fallopian tube, and diamotosis muscles 17 yrs ago left muscle in throat with 50% action

Again, I am truly sorry that we are limited to giving out prescriptions here on this platform. The best way forward is of the above. another way round this is that you could call your community pharmacy to check if they could change the form of this, but likely you would need a new prescription.

the GP out of hours might be happy to just do that without seeing you as you already are on it.

I hope this helps. I am again sorry that we are limited here on this platform.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

thank you again and hope you can get this issue resolved quickly.