Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Lump inside eyelid, Months and not really, I have

Lump inside eyelid
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?
Customer: Months and not really
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have vasculitis- blood spots on the legs
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Are you able to view photos?

Yes please share a pic. 

. You can send a pic by attaching an image using the paperclip icon at the top or bottom of your chatbox.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (PMZ66P5)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have had this for several months. My eye waters nearly all of the time. Single tear drops fall down from it. Not necessarily painful - more irritable and cannot be seen unless you lift eyelids up.

You are having a Chalazion.

A chalazion is a lump formed in the eyelids due to blockage of the oil glands, it is painless and can last long, more than a month. It can also recur.

It is essentially harmless and self limiting. You need not worry about this. Treatment is essentially warm compresses several times a day. However, since you have had this for several months and it is troubling you, you need to approach an eye doctor, a chalazion may need to be 'scooped' out.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I thought this may be the case and I have been following those instructions - warm compress throughout the day. Nothing has worked - seems to be increasing in size. Someone said it could be a form of eye cancer - conjunctival lymphoma. Do you see any signs of this from the photos?

No, it is likely to be a chalazion.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank god. Ok, thanks Doctor - I appreciate the help & advise. I have a referral to see a specialist given it’s not getting any better. Might need their help with removing it. Just wanted a bit of reassurance. Thank you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Advice*

Glad to help.

Wish you best of health and a quick recovery. I would like to know of your progress, please keep me informed on this thread if possible.

If you require help again, you can always come back to the JA site and ask your question. If you want me as your expert in the future, you can mark me as 'Favourite Expert' and use the “Ask me a new question” feature.

A bonus is always welcome!!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks Doctor; appreciate that. I may be over thinking it however when I lift my eyelid up even more; it’s not just this cyst that’s appearing. There’s fatty tissue all over the eye lid. Having read up on a chalzion and understanding what you said vs NHS pictures but it seems more than that. It’s not a standalone cyst - it’s all under the eyelid below and a stretch of bumpy tissue as well. Hard to explain.

My impression is that it is a chalazion

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thank you. It’s absolutely horrid. Looks terrible. I’ll get it seen to ASAP. Have a lovely weekend.

I understand. Dont worry, my opinion is that it is a chalazion.