Zee J
Zee J,
Experience:  Expert
113630574

I had stitches to a head wound yesterday and my hair is full

I had stitches to a head wound yesterday and my hair is full of dried blood. How soon before I can wash it please?

Hello and thanks for your question. I’d be pleased to assist you. Kindly answer following questions for further advice:

Age? Male or female?

Past medical history?

Any medicines using?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
68 Female
Ongoing arthritis, taking amlodipune, meloxicam, atorvastatin, omeprazole

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No need to phone me thanks. I'll wait for your reply

First of all I am really sorry for your situation

so if you had stitches yesterday and have dried blood around it you can clean the area with some luke warm water using cotton

Please don't worry all phone call requests are auto generated. It is fine if you do not want it. Talking through text chat is just fine with me.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
My daughter managed to get some out of the ends of my hair (the cut is quite high up). Ivwas just wondering when I can wash it properly, or do I have to wait till tge stitches come out?

Usually it is advised to keep the area clean and dry for the first 24 to 48 hours after stitches have been placed. Then, you can start to gently wash around the site 1 to 2 times daily. Wash with cool water and soap. Clean as close to the stitches as you can.

plus if needed you can apply some antiseptic also

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok. Thank you

You are welcome

Please do let me know if you have any further questions in future I would be happy to answer

Best of luck