Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am 62F and I have voice change and Right ear irritation

I am 62F and I have voice change and Right ear irritation and feeling of foreign body in my throat- requiring me to clear my throat often as well as neck pain
JA: How long have you had the neck pain? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: nil medication - 2 weeks
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the neck pain?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: nil

Dear Customer: Greetings, this is Dr. Basu, experienced Medical Specialist and former attending physician of Harvard Medical School. I am board-certified with many years of experience. I did review your inquiry and I am hoping to give you at least some high-quality guidance here.

Please give me some time to review your concerns. Please be patient with me as I am on and off the computer so responses can be delayed at times, but I will be glad to help.

Do you have fever? cough?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
no fever, no cough
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
intermittent headaches

Any swollen neck glands?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
no

Any ear pressure? or fullness?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

Any hearing problem?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
no

Thanks for clarifications.

These symptoms are more likely due to seasonal allergies.

Bacterial infection unlikely since no fever or foul smelling nasal discharge or swollen neck glands.

Ibuprofen ( Neurofen) 3 tabs per dose ( 600 mg) every 8 hours with food can be taken for pain and inflammation.

Claritin D tablet can be taken twice daily to help with throat irritation.

Please also add Flonase ( Fluticasone) or Beclomethasone steroid nasal spray available over the counter 2 sprays each nostril twice daily for a week.

Please drink lot of fluids, gatorade also to prevent dehydration.

Please start vitamin C 500 mg, Vitamin D3 2000 IU and zinc 50 mg daily to boost your immune system.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
can it be signs of cancer

That is unlikely since you did not mention any significant difficulty with swallowing, or lot of weight loss.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you

Best wishes