How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 19318
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

I have spoken to a doctor on here but he thinks I should

Customer Question

I have spoken to a doctor on here but he thinks I should really be speaking to a psychologist.
Can anyone help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel I have a compulsive lying disorder!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's become apparent I'm a lie a lot. It can be something very small but I'm just about to loose the man I love due to it.
Please help!
I've already spoken to a doctor on here but he says it is really a psychologist I should speak to.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shantal thank you for trying to help.I have arranged a doctors appointment but would also like to wait a little longer to see if you find anyone.Regards,
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

The moderator has added this to the Medical category because no Mental health expert addressed the question for greater than 2 days. I agree that you really need to be seen by a counsellor, as this type of issue typically needs some amount of counselling to resolve.

If there is any associated anxiety or depression, then also using medicines may help, but the primary intervention is counselling.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have also visited a counsellor but unfortunately it wasn't helpful. I need someone to understand my thought process. I'm also dyslexic.
There is only anxiety because I'm worried I will loose my partner if I cant find the help I need.Regards,
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

You may need to try several different counsellors to find one that is helpful for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. Although I feel slightly in limbo.The previous doctor from this website said I needed to speak with a Psychologist. I now am told it should be a counsellor.
I have had a brilliant up bringing. I have a good job. I own my own place. My life is in a great however I do seem to lie, or contradict myself, or not remember what ive even said. I send mix message trying to explain myself and become flustered and cant get any words out at all.I will look for another phycologist but thank you once again.Regards,
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

A psychologist is one type of counsellor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!Regards,
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it something this website can not provide. I have posted and paid for two question?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Counselling cannot be provided through the site. Mental health experts can answer questions through this site, but I cannot say why no expert addressed the question for 2 days.