How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 11887
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

My friend went to doctors as he has severe depression as he

Customer Question

My friend went to doctors as he has severe depression as he recently stopped smoking crack,in the past when he stops crack and heroin his head cannot cope and he knew he needed his antipsychotic-risperidone-but whats happened is today dr said on the records it has been stopped down to clinical reasons and, todays, dr doesnt think giving him antidepressant would work whilst on drugs.the question is what can he take as he is due to go to rehab but he knows himself and knows he needs medical help,this depression he cannot heal himself. I strongly identify this friend has mental illness and should get his antipsycotics to help also lift out of depression as he will need this medication during detox as my friend believes he is going to have nervous breakdown , I agree.Kindly please advice what can my friend do as he feels he needs treatment/medication now, and not after or during rehab as he wants help with symptoms now. Thankyou
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How old is he?

How much, and for how long did he smoke crack?

Does your friend have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.