Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My 13 year old daughter is autistic and is finding it

Customer Question

Hi my 13 year old daughter is autistic and is finding it difficult to control of outbursts of behaviour at school as she is not coping well at school so the school have done a common assessment form as she may need medication to help with her anxiety and on the form it said my daughter seems very damaged and I feel upset by this comment as my daughter has special needs and I feel that no child should be labelled damaged. what can I say to the school regarding writing that she seems very damaged. Thanks
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 7 months ago.
Hi, Sorry she has problem. Please take help of child protection officer to talk with school authority. Also explore if she is better off in school for those with special needs.
Good luck.