wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I'm really worried I have something wrong with my head. I

Customer Question

Hi. I'm really worried I have something wrong with my head. I have severe anxiety and depression which has gotten much worse over last few years. I know there is something more wrong and I've beeged to be looked at for bipolar and bpd. I know when I'm doing something wrong or risky and still do it even though it makes me physically I'll knowing its wrong. I've been on all sorts of antidepressants. On top of all this I had PE in 2015 at the age of 25 both my lungs had multiple clots. Along with this I suffer extreme ache that is so painful in the middle to top part of my back and right at bottom and my neck ( i have a vwry long neck) my neck i cant look at sky woth out shooti g electric type shocks from my nexk right tgrough my nack. Its left me vertically unable to stand straight. But because of my anxiety I Google everything. As my bones in my gums are gone I think it's osteoporosis. My arms and legs have no energy whatsoever. But it my ears that are getting so bad. All night long I hear whoosing in time with my pulse. I've had it about 2 years but now it's in both ears it's Driving me insane and causing a dull aching in my head which feels like brain freeze. Could all my symptoms be connected to my anxiety?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Have you seen a DDS for your gum issues? If so, what did she say?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi 12 years ago my gums bleed bit they said it wasn't gum decrease. I have a dentist appointment next week but I literally have no gums or bone there. I have serve anxiety depression. I've had PE in the past. Suffered very high blood pressure during labour ( don't remember much I was fainting) and for weeks after. I've also had two hernia repairs. And I'm waiting to see specialist as I can nearly move my back or neck most days. I was advised to make routine to appointment today by pharmacist as they checked my ears but they are not blocked. I take sertraline and mirtazapine and standard paracetamol.and ibrufen ( sorry I had addicted to main meds after my PE so I try to avoid at all cost)
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Have your teeth all fallen out?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not yet they are loose. Not building and not painful.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

In the USA the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the United Kingdom and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS