Tori, Psychologist
Tori, Psychologist, CPsychol (Occ)
Experience:  Work/Coaching Psychologist & Therapist
105912372

Can dream-reality confusion be caused by

Customer Question

Can dream-reality confusion be caused by stress/anxiety/medication or is it a symptom only present in borderline personalities disorders?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

How old are you?

M/F?

Can you tell me more about the situation?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, are you still online? I wouldn't mind taking your offer to discuss via phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, why does the website say you are an ophtalmologist??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am between 29 and 33. Female. I am on Setraline for a dozen weeks. I recently started diazepam, but the incidents started before then. I have had uncomfortably vivid dreams since my pre teens, but it is the first t I confuse dream and reality.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This confusion has now happened 3 or 4 times, and becoming deeper /more convincing every time
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nicola, I have seen a doctor yesterday and asked the question. He explained that mild reality-dream confusion is perfectly normal and more common than we think. Stress and new medication can make this occur more. So I no longer need help with this question. Thank you!