wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

What can I take for ocd ruminations that are in my head

Customer Question

Hi what can I take for ocd ruminations that are in my head constantly
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

How old are you?

What have you tried so far?

How long has this been going on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It’s been going on 2 years and I’m 45
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’m
On duloxtine 60mg 6 weeks now no change
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Medicine alone rarely works in OCD.....psychotherapy is a very important part of the treatment plan.

Here is an excellent article from a highly respected source that you may find helpful:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/obsessive-compulsive-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20354432

As such you should speak to your psychiatrist about getting into psychotherapy along with a different medication.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS