Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have emetophobia and so it triggers my anxiety massively

Customer Question

I have emetophobia and so it triggers my anxiety massively because with my anxiety it causes me to have constant nausea,and it makes me feel weird in the head and the body.I keep getting lower abdominal pain in my stomach that feels like wind but I’m not sure.I lost my great grandmother last month and I just feel like I’m not coping well with anything,I’ve barely been eating cause I’m scared if I eat I’ll be sick,I cry every single day and I just feel so unhappy,I am waiting to be referred to see a therapist that can help with my phobia because it’s very bad,I haven’t really been sleeping and I just can’t cope with it.I got given medication such as beta blockers for my anxiety which helps at times but it doesn’t help with the negative thoughts I feel and constant worry and anxiety I endure,sometimes it just comes over me and I suddenly feel nauseas but it’s like I feel nauseas all the time and I hate it because I fear of being sick or even feeling sick,and with this lower abdominal pain that comes and goes that makes me feel nauseas and brings wind so I’m just worried and I feel completely drained
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 8 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. I can help you find a therapist. What area do you lie in. ?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am from east London
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 7 days ago.
Phobia treatment counseling
https://www.klearminds.com/issues/phobia-treatment/
I hope this information is helpful to you. Please reply with any questions you may have. Thank you for coming to Just Answer for help.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Do you have any tips or coping mechanisms that can help with my anxiety and nausea in the meantime?,I stopped taking anti-sickness tablets because I had a bad reaction to it
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 7 days ago.
I think you really need an appointment for cognitive behavioral therapy. You cannot “fix” yourself