Tori, Psychologist
Tori, Psychologist, CPsychol (Occ)
Experience:  Work/Coaching Psychologist & Therapist
105912372

I have some personal problems I need help with, I was once

Customer Question

I have some personal problems I need help with
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I was once in lorazepam
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: no please
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get angry easily
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tend to lose relationships easily
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some people say I come off ass agressive and competitive. It must always be my way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used to indulge in gossip but now I’ve reduced it (I don’t initiate but I can’t help but partake if someone initiated it themselves). I feel like indulging is a sign of support but ultimately participating in gossip can get me in trouble and I am aware of this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tend to pick my hair as well impulsively during stress and this is causing hair loss and giving me self esteem issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keep reading things in anger management and emotion control
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes I see improvement then one day things flair up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it just sets me back mentally, emotionally and physically
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Tori, Psychologist replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I hope I can offer some assistance.

Are you still looking fro help with this issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please

Hi, some of the situations you describe above can be a sign that you may be experiencing underlying stress, and may occasionally experience self-doubt or low self-esteem. Anger and a difficulty controlling emotions can often be a response to a feeling of overwhelm or not being good enough, when the anger we express outwardly is often an expression of the feelings that we may have about ourselves.

A powerful psychotherapy that you might find helpful in managing and releasing a build up of negative thoughts, feelings or emotions is an energy therapy called Thought field Therapy. This therapy utilises the meridian system used in acupuncture, but uses tapping of meridian points, instead of needles to release the buildup of negative energy in our bodies that can result in outbursts of anger or overwhelm.

I will attach it here. It is recognised as a complementary therapy by the NHS and can be used at home, and clients often notice a significant shift in their feelings with regular use of this therapy.

You might also consider some gently self-hypnosis to release stress and anxiety, manage anger, reduce tendencies to gossip (often driven by a longing to fit in or belong), build confidence and self-esteem. There are many apps available for this such as one by Joseph Clough which contains free and purchasable tracks on these areas, which you can listen to at home. Self-hypnosis is a very effective way of making changes on the deeper subconscious level of the mind, so that the new calmer more controlled way of being becomes as automatic and easy to achieve as the old unwanted ways used to be.

I hope you find these tools helpful.

Do let me know if I can offer any further assistance.

If you are satisfied with your answer today, do lease consider a positive rating.