Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I suffer with anxiety and have had it for 3 weeks now. It

Hi there, I suffer with anxiety and have had it for 3 weeks now. It started with a panic attack and had anxiety ever since. My doctor prescribed citalopram2 weeks ago but I am petrified of taking it as I have a phobia of not being able to breathe and dying and worried about this drug having severe side effects on me which would lead to this happening. The anxiety got so bad that yesterday I took 10mg CBD and today 4mg as I thought it might help. But I really don't know what to do. If I take half of my dose of citalopram on Wednesday so 5mg instead of 10mg (this is because someone can be with me) will there be any interaction. I don't plan on taking any more CBD before then. Also I have had sinisitus and my doctor has prescribed Phenoxymethyl-penicillin tablets and Mometasone Furoate nasal spray. Does that have any interactions with any of the above. As you can tell I am extremely medicine ophobic. Thank you so much.

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff. I am sorry to hear your anxiety is having such an impact on you. Citalopram is safe so I certainly wouldn't be worried about, but start it as soon as you can, if it takes 1-2 weeks to start working then you want that sooner than later. 10mg is the lowest therapeutic dose of it to be honest, not to say you cannot half them and start low for a few days if you feel more comfortable with that, but I would plan on getting to 10mg a few days later.

I hope that helps, let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Could you confirm the interactions I mentioned as well please.

No worries, an interaction between Citalopram and CBD?

If so, no there wouldn't be, not with CBD oil, but best avoid taking it on the days you use Citalopram

You will be fine, I just hope it works quickly for you so that you feel better, best of luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much me too! Really appreciate your help and kind comments.