Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I would like to ask some advice from a psychiatrist about

Hi there, I would like to ask some advice from a psychiatrist about how to approach the issue of discussing my antidepressant medication. I have recently been in rehab for an addiction to Ambien and I fully acknowledge that I have an addictive personality. However I also carry a diagnosis of Anxiety and Depression and I am currently taking 45mg Mirtazapine a day. I have been on this dose for about 4 weeks but I still suffer from awful Anxiety and Depression in the morning which subsides in the afternoon and I feel relatively calm at night. I have felt better on other antidepressants in the past but I am concerned that by requesting more antidepressant therapy I am deluding myself due to my addictive nature. I therefore don't know how to approach my next consultation. Do I request something or accept that everyone feels this way (do they, I don't know). Any advice on this would be very gratefully received!

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi there, sure thats absolutely fine, many thanks for helping me with this I really appreciate it!

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff. Thank you for contacting us today, and I am very sorry that you have been waiting.

What other antidepressants have you bee on before? And do you feel you would be better on one of your previous ones compared to Mirtazepine?

Are you also on any other medication? thanks

Elliot Ruff,
Experience: GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi, I have tried Prozac, Zoloft, Citalopram and Amitriptyline. Of all of these the Amitriptyline was the most effective for me in the past but the dry mouth side effect was not good for my work where I have to do alot of public speaking. In my experience Prozac was relatively effective and did not have any side effects which concerned me. Does this give you enough information. Thanks.

I hope this was of some help and wish you well for tomorrow.