Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

Physiology and sex metal health question. non consummation

physiology and sex metal health question. non consummation of marriage

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff. Thank you for contacting us this evening.

How can I help?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
hi i thinking of getting a divorce, as my wife's behaviour has changed way to much over the last few years, a number of things she accepted about me when wanted to get married, she changed her mind and no longer accepted after marrage, but i reluctantly compromised to try and make the marriage work, but its got to a point that if i keep accepting her demands, ile be a total different person, why would she do this? if she loved me in the beginning for who i was why force all the changes?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
for example, she knows that i care for people, family and friends can count on me to help them in time of need, simple things, like helping someone move home, or get a discount from my reference, or dropping someone to an airport, this is all fine before marriage and during the first few years, not it becomes an argument for weeks, and its not something i do weekly, maybe once a month i might help out a family member or friend... but its not like i dont do it for her and for others, ile always for for her first. but she will argue for days on end that people are using me etc etc

Good evening, I am very sorry to hear you feel like this.

In any relationship the key is communication. Certainly before considering a divorce you should try to communicate your concerns with your wife and lay out how important and serious this is to you.

You do not feel happy about this, but on the other hand, there may be issues your wife feels the same about.

I would try to open up a conversation with her to start discussing these, maybe ever try a counsellor if this fails.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thanks, ***** ***** talk about everything and we dont fight, but she insists she is correct and will not accept any other point of view, she wants to go to counseling but only proof me wrong, not to try and accept me as i am
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
prove*

That is good. In that case you need to express your concern and fear regarding your relationship and that you are not happy - right or wrong, you still feel this way.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i do with her but she just starts crying and saying that i wasted her life, and then after a few says acts like nothing happened or she just ignored what we talked about, its very strange
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
after a few days*

Utilise the counselling, use a mediator to move forward with this. I hope this leads to an outcome that satisfies you both.