Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

I’m 27. I’m unsure about my mood. From a young age I have

Customer Question

Hi I’m 27. I’m unsure about my mood.
From a young age I have always been quiet and I used to have major anxiety about getting the bus to and from school but I never knew what it was
On my days off I stay in bed most of the time due to not having much to do, feeling low and it’s so cold in the u.k I just stay in bed.
Before I’m due on my period I just really depressed I cry all the time I like think of killing myself but I know I won’t do it? I just like visuallise it but I wouldn’t act on it. I do exercise time to time and makes me feel better but my j and low and I put on a smile. I feel like life is shit atm my boyfriend works away a lot I want kids and feel like I will have to do everything on my own for 6 weeks at a time and miss him. I’m still at home living with my mum has I didn’t want to leave in my boyfriends house without him there I feel hopeless and haven’t got much enjoyment in life. The corona virus’s has stopped me from travelling and going out with friends I can’t afford to have a house on my own and nice things. I feel angry I’m annoyed at things like this when I have good health but my mind doesn’t feel to happy. Am I just sad at my circumstances or am I generally depressed or do I have bad PMS? Some days I get up and I’m fine but I have noticed I go to work a lot, cause that stops me from over thinking. My mood is very ‘can’t be bothered’ I feel every bored in life I want new hobbies yet no confidence to go get them. I feel like I’m stuck I’m 27 I wish I had a husband and kids by now I’m broody and don’t want to have a baby when my boyfriend is always working away I know how hard it is to bring them up thank you
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 10 days ago.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
This sounds like a bipolar depression disorder

You need to see a psychiatrist for evaluation, therapy, and medication to help with this

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. How will the doctor diagnose me?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 10 days ago.

With a face to face interview and some psychological tests