Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

Feeling overwhelmed and have bad anxiety about going to work

Customer Question

feeling overwhelmed and have bad anxiety about going to work tomorrow, also having a hard time grieving 2 family members
JA: When did the anxiety start? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: i've had anxiety for a long time and I take antidepressants for this for 2 years
JA: Got it. How have you been sleeping? Any insomnia or other issues?
Customer: my sleeping pattern is up and down, i mostly don't sleep enough and always feel exhausted
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: i don't think so
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I just started working as a primary school teacher last month newly graduated, I'm so overwhelmed and just feel like there is so much to stay on top of, I feel like I should be doing work over the weekends but I can't bring myself to do it today and anytime I'm not doing work outside of work hours I feel like I'm falling so far behind even though i keep thinking why am I having to do so much in my own free time. I'm really finding today difficult, I've been alone in the house all weekend and I'm really missing my dad who passed away a few years ago and my brother who passed away in June and me and my boyfriend also broke up in June too and it's all just sort of coming out now and I haven't stopped crying for the past few hours and have been very close to having an anxiety attack, I don't want to go in to work tomorrow but i have to
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I just don't know how to cope anymore really
Expert:  Dr Geyik, MBBS replied 18 days ago.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

It sounds like you’re having a really hard time. I can understand that it must be really difficult for you to go to work and I feel that you need to have a break to get your thoughts together. Going to work might be quite overwhelming. So, I think you should have a full assessment by your GP. Sometimes certain medical conditions such as thyroid disease can cause depression and anxiety and your GP needs ri check for this.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I don't have any thyroid issues as I got checked for this recently, anytime i've spoken to my GP about my anxiety all they suggest is increasing my medication and I got referred to psychology and had a few sessions on video with them and it did nothing

You should contact your GP tomorrow for physical assessment. They can discuss various therapies and support as well such as counselling.
If you feel quite unwell and need urgent help, you can contact 111 now for assessment today.

Can I ask if you have a mental health key worker or the contact details for the Crisis Team?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I was referred for CBT which I did and it didn't help anything. I just wanted some words of advice about any strategies I can use immediately to cope with my anxiety and grief

If you are not happy with the psychology input, you can ask your GP to refer you to psychiatrist.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
what have I paid £5 for here, to have you tell me I need to call my gp?

You can use various online services and apps to help your anxiety. A good website is mind.org.uk

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
What is this service then??

Mind.org.uk gives a lot of information to help individuals deal with anxiety and grief. It outlines various strategies regarding mental health conditions.
You can also help yourself by using distracting techniques, talking to a friend, reading, etc.
If you feel unwell or really overwhelmed, you can go to A&E as they have mental health service 24/7.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i've paid 5 pounds to get told a free website i can use?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
what was the point

Could you please tell me what exactly you were looking for?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
f**k knows really
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
not to be told to go read a book
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
you think if i had someone else to talk to that could offer me advice i'd be on a website paying 5 pounds for it

I’m trying to give you as much advice as possible. Anxiety can be complex and there is no easy answer. I’ve given you various options available at this time of the day.

Yes I will opt out and you can speak to someone else

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 16 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 12 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Gupta and I can help you today. I'll be back in a moment with my reply!

Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry to hear about all that is going on in your life at present,

For significant anxiety, this is what I recommend,

I generally suggest the system of 3-2-1 for improving mental health "Learn to Connect Well"
This means
Do 3 things well - Eat well (Healthy diet with fruits and veggies
Sleep well - min 8 hours (I know this is the problem here)
Exercise well - At least 150 min per week of moderate exercise
then connect to 2 things
Connect with Friends & Family - try video call and physical meetings outdoors
Connect with Nature - grow a plant, go for a walk in nearby wilderness
and finally, Learn 1 thing new
At least learn one new skill - whether its a new language, or cooking or something that you always wanted to do.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,
Please consider taking high dose Vit D to have blood levels in the range of 50 to 100 n/ ml, this translates to around 10,000 IU per day for most people, please confirm this by Vit D blood level testing as well,
Also, try a high dose probiotic supplement like VISBIOME or VSL 3, these should be taken in the range of 500 billion CFU per day.
Take these for at least a couple of months, you may see a marked difference in your health problems,
Warm regards & stay safe