ravikumarr
ravikumarr,
Experience:  Expert
111548138

I have had OCD and anxiety (health anxiety) for years but

Customer Question

I have had OCD and anxiety (health anxiety) for years but the last two years it has ramped up, perhaps due to perimenopause. Every single ache, pain, lump or bump has me fearing I have a serious illness (c*****).Sometimes I wake up feeling anxious, sometimes it’s a “symptom” that sets me off. Sometimes I wake up feeling ok, but that is becoming more infrequent. I have intrusive thoughts and a sense of impending doom.I have had a 15 week course of CBT which got to the bottom of why I’m this way but didn’t give me the tools I need to prevent or be able to deal. Recently I had 8 more weeks of CBT (virtually) but this was of little help.I am on 375mg Venlafaxine and 15mg mirtazapine. I’m also on HRT which has been today increased to 100mg (patches).I have been on the Venlafaxine for 17 years, and on the max dose about 18 months - my GP has suggested changing to something else of the the increase in HRT does not work but I am worried as I know Venlafaxine is hard to come off.I’m so fed-up of feeling scared all the time.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  ravikumarr replied 18 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer,  will be happy to help.I am sorry to hear about your concern. I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern. The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic. Kindly be  informed that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site ,NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me. I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.NOTE - phone call requests are auto-generated. Please ignore these requests if you have not requested.

all if us have health fears. we have only 1 life so learn to enjoy it. if we live our lives in constant fear that something is  Going to happen then we can't live our lives. All of us are going to die one day.