Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I really need an advice to navigate this situation even in

Customer Question

I really need an advice to navigate this situation even in my own mind. I posted that few days ago about my situation. I had ASB going on for 18 months done by 3 flats below me. There is no sound proof. One of the families causing troubles have moved out to be replaced by another family. Few days ago I have called the police as I heard reapearing shouting from a man. Which I had shouting going on for 18 months. I didn't want to point out from where this shouting is coming from, I said to the police there are two flats below mine. I feel I had made a mistake by telling police I live above 2 flats instead of pointing out that woman that I think is hiding someone inside. I did that because I didnt want it to look that I am picking on her. Day after the intervention as I wrote I had seen this woman using her chance to bad mouth me to the new neighbour. Flat that I live in is above their two flats. So since the old neighbours moved out I kind of felt safer on the side of the flat that new neighbours moved in. But now I feel I spoiled for myself as I don't feel safe in the flat at all. I know that they were talking about me. And I know that housing officer will be on their sides. I feel that now whatever I do joint complaints will be coming. I also feel so bad because the old lady who had witnessed my harassment told me 'the new neighbours are nice' 'I am sure that now it will be ok'. And if she gets to know what I did (called the police because of shouting) she will not be on my side anymore. I worry about that. I called the police because I wanted to make a point 'no shouting'. But this house is constructed that way that it amplifies the noise. No sound proof. So basically I feel I had made enemies from the new neighbours and gave the woman who was anti social all along the way a room to tell them bad staff about me. 'This is the crazy one calling the police etc.' And I know that it's what she did. I don't know what to do. I called the police because hearing a man shout made me cry so much, I had to call the helpline because I got suicidal. After that because I knew that housing officer wont listen I called the police to make a report. I feel affraid to go there and talk to a new neighbour because of the state of my mental health I will only embarass myself. What should I do and how to navigate this? I am affraid to go there and talk to a new neighbour and explain. I blame myself for doing that and experience panick attacks all the time.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. How old are you? On medication?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am 37 on medication Fluoxetine, Zopiclone, Alprazolam, zaluron. I have depression and commplex ptsd. I am also transgender. But this wuestion is not so much about medication.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
It sounds like you are under a lot of stress. You need additional emotional support. Your gp can refer you to a psychologist. The police will investigate the neighbors.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The local psychological services dont want me as they say I should be under secondary mental health services and they are not specialised. I am on my own.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 11 days ago.
Your gp can refer you.