Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I need an autism assessment however my CMHT advise that the

I need an autism assessment however my CMHT advise that the waiting lists are very long. I have Complex PTSD and OCPD and a psychiatrist report highlights that I have strong Aspergers traits however this is insufficient for an Autism organisation called MAIN as they need a formal diagnosis not just 'traits' and this is the only way I can get the Advocacy support that I need as Community Advocacy from other providers in the area is none existent. There is a waiting list of 3 years through MAIN and it is also very long via the NHS/CMHT. Thanks

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'm ok waiting, thanks
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The question is about how I can get a quick or within a couple of weeks Autism assessment via the NHS, is there a priority list and how can I avoid having to wait longer than this

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Unfortunately there is no expediated option other than paying privately for this assessment via a private Psycjoatrist

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Would you have any idea what the likely cost of the private option would be

Assessment to treatment is around £500 ($750 US)

Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience: MD
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for that - very helpful