Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist/Cardiologist
111381268

I'd like to talk with a psychiatrist about life panic

Customer Question

I'd like to talk with a psychiatrist about life long panic attacks
JA: When did the panic attacks start? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: Started 40 years ago. YesI have had medication and it was a success
JA: Got it. How have you been sleeping? Any insomnia or other issues?
Customer: Yes sleep well
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: Sorry I want a psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (MPL46L7)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My doctor is in New York. Dr Harold Levinson. He specialises in agoraphobia and panic attacks. I am in Ireland now and cannot fly to New York. Covid restrictions are too difficult.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Dr Levinson has treated me very successfully with medication. I do not suffer from depression
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 13 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Harold Levinson MD diagnosed me with Cerebellar Vestibular Problems. He has written many books on the subject. I work as a psychologist. I am prone to vertigo. He tried me with various antihistamines. They didn't work. He tried me with Tranxene and that worked and then went off the market. Then he tried diazepam and that worked. I came back to Ireland before the pandemic. I have not had medication for many months and I cannot fly to New York.

I understand, so do you need to source something to help you fly more easily back home?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Before Covid I lived between USA and Ireland. My husband's family live in New York. I am Irish and I want to stay in Ireland/UK during Covid. I am safer here. I would like something to get me through launching my next book in UK I've been asked to travel and do a book tour.

I see. That's interesting. Have you registered with a GP there yet?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I had a lovely GP - Dr Cribben. Now he has serious back problems and is in hospital facing and operation

I suspect your best bet would be to see the GP that is covering Dr. Cribben while they're unwell and they should be able to supply you with something to help. The GP is by far the best person to start such medications as they can give you further prescriptions as needed and can keep an eye on your progress with you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I hear you. Dr Cribben does not have a GP covering him. We have a serious scarcity of GP's here and other doctors do not take on new patients at this time. The only place would be A and E and that's out of the question

I see, that's unfortunate. I agree A&E would be inappropriate. I should say that we aren't able to offer prescriptions from this service as it's purely for advice but you could try an online service such as pushdoctor.co.uk as they can prescribe online otherwise you could potentially see a psychiatrist in Ireland privately and they could supply you with the same. I hope that helps and that you get what you need soon, all the very best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank You

You're so welcome, glad I could help if a little. Come back if you've further questions in the future and all the best again.