Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist/Cardiologist
111381268

I have anxiety. Symptoms: belching with the air and right

I have anxiety. Symptoms: belching with the air and right now for one month insomnia.
Belching with the air( even in the morning before food even right now during the night when I wake up(. And for one month's have insomnia ( insomnia started after sulpiride 50 mg per day( I took it for three weeks then stopped because these activity started to be during the night and the sleep dissapered ( but when I stopped this Sulpiride this insomnia is still here. For one months after sulpiride I have insomnia (

Hi thanks for getting in touch, could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Belching with air and insomnia because of anxiety

I See and have you had any tests for this so far?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Gastroscopy and colonoscopy everything is fine there. When I drank sulporide 50 mg there weren't belching with the air

Do you get a lot of acid reflux?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No I don't have acid of reflux
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I don't have acid reflux

And do you have any medical problems?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No I don't have
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I did blood test everything is fine. Blood for hormones, blood for diabetes. Everything is fine

I see. I do wonder if you have something called bacterial overgrowth syndrome. This is a cause of lots of gas and is caused by too much of some bacteria rather than others living in our gut and this can be tested for and treated.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
How to check it?

So your GP would refer you to see a gastroenterologist and they organize it for you. It's a test of your breath and they can tell from that and treat you according to that. In the meantime you should start taking a daily pro-biotic supplement as well.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I had for helicobacter test. It is negative
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Isn't not this?

No it's different. That is a bug that lives in the stomach but bacterial overgrowth is a test of multiple bugs and from the bowels rather than just the stomach.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok. I will ask them to do it. But why Sulporide 50 mg helped to dissaper temporaryly these belching with air ?

Probably as it causes the stomach to relax a bit but you should definitely ask to be referred for the test. I hope that helped, and that you feel better soon. All the very best.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you a lot!l for that!
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
All the best!

You're so welcome, all the best for the future and come back if you've further questions.