KemalG
KemalG,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I’ve been really struggling with my mental health regarding

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I’ve been really struggling with my mental health regarding my partner, I don’t know where to turn anymore. My friends are too embroiled with her friends for me to confide in them and my family don’t understand what I’m going through. I know my partner loves me but whenever I try to talk about a problem that’s effecting my metal
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes and no meds
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: everything gets turned on me when I try to speak about my problems or am met with the silence treatment when I want to talk through it
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  KemalG replied 16 days ago.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask your age/gender and if you have any other medical conditions or allergies, or take medications?

Expert:  KemalG replied 16 days ago.

Could you please tell me more about your symptoms and difficulties you are having?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
28 male
Expert:  KemalG replied 16 days ago.

And how long you have had these issues?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
About 6 months I’ve been feeling this way
Expert:  KemalG replied 16 days ago.

Do you get depression, low mood, mood swings, anxiety, panic attacks, or other issues?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Really bad depressive periods. , Anxious about myself and constantly second guessing myself
Expert:  KemalG replied 16 days ago.

Have you ever been on medication for these or under the mental health team?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have not no
Expert:  KemalG replied 16 days ago.

There are several causes of depression and anxious and these include thyroid disease, vitamin deficiencies, stress, illness and hormone imbalances. So, ideally you should be assessed for these first by your doctor to find the exact cause of your symptom.

The treatment will depend on the cause of the problem.

There are medications that can be used such as citalopram, fluoxetine, sertraline, venlafaxine but these can only be prescribed by your GP. The other therapies are CBT, talking therapy, group therapy, counselling, etc.

You can also try over the counter promethazine which can help with any sleep issues and/or anxiety until you see your GP.

You can also contact Samaritans here: https://www.samaritans.org/ and talk to someone about your issues and this can be very helpful.

You should also visit mind.org.uk which is a great website to get more information on depression and anxiety and how to cope with these.

Expert:  KemalG replied 16 days ago.

Are you able to see your GP for full assessment?

Expert:  KemalG replied 16 days ago.

If you wish to see someone sooner, you can have a look at https://gogodoc.com/ as they can see patients face to face and provide treatments. But, they have a fee for seeing patients.

You can also call 111 as they have mental health service and it is free of charge.