Dr Geretto
Dr Geretto,
Experience:  Practice Assistant at Dr S Geretto Inc
113778742

I am pregnant and my husband cannot have sex with me as

I am pregnant and my husband cannot have sex with me as doctor restricted due to my health issues. But now he is masturbating when I am asleep. I felt uneasy. I think he must discuss it with me. We discussed a lot and he promised he wouldn't watch porn. But he is doing so when I am asleep
Hi I am Dr Geretto and will happily assist you today
I see that due to pregnancy complications you are advised to avoid sexual intercourse. How far along in your pregnancy are you and what are your health issues?It appears as if you feel a breach of trust since your husband is masturbating while you sleep. Have you spoken to him about how this makes you feel? Do you have any other sexual contact apart from penetrative sex?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Now I am on my 14th week . I had some bleeding after intercourse on 9th week of pregnancy. I have a problem of spotting so doctors advised avoiding sex is best
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Previously my husband was very much upset as he thought that after this kind of situation will he be able to maintain same physical intimacy with me after my pregnancy complete. I discussed with him
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
That it was our decision to start a family
Of course, it is a huge change to go through a pregnancy, it is all new. You probably worried about the baby while you were bleeding and now you worry about your marriage. It can be very upsetting for you, I understand
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
one more thing I told my husband if he feels any thing like this he can talk with me
Firstly you should not feel pressured to do anything you don’t want to be doing, however if you feel that you want to be intimate with your husband you might explore other options apart from penetration (which is what I presume your doctor told you not to do?)
It is very important you feel comfortable and don t have to worry, you should be enjoying this pregnancy as care free as possible.Perhaps set aside some quiet time with your husband and calmly discuss how you feel and what options you have as a couple. Perhaps you want to make some notes for yourself before you talk to him so you gain clarity and can give him an idea of how you feel.I can see that it worries you and you will be pregnant for quite some time still therefore it is important you two find a solution that is ok for the both of you.Also please remember it is not your fault you cannot have sex, pregnancies are different and unpredictable and what matters most is that you and the baby remain healthy
I think you are doing the very right thing, you advocate for your feelings (it makes you uncomfortable that he is masturbating without you). You are trying to find a sustainable solution which works for you.I don’t have your medical background so I don’t know what caused the bleed but perhaps discuss options with your GP. Perhaps you can still find ways of being intimate with your husband that works for the both of you without putting the pregnancy at risk.
Please let me know if you have any other questions. Very happy to assist.I hope you find a solution that works for both you and your husband.To recap speak to your husband and see if you can other ways to be intimate without penetration. Keep in touch with your GP to monitor the situation. All the best
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I can I initiate this topic. My husband is not aware that I know what he did last night. He thought I was asleep. Will we consult any counseling??