Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer

What is the tappet service procedure on a Mercedes Axor 61

What is the tappet service procedure on a Mercedes Axor 61 plate onwards?
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I would really appreciate the VIN of the Axor to avoid any confusion in engine type selection.
Do you require the tappet service interval or work instructions?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your responce,but I was not wanting to take out a contract for a month or have to cancel at a later date and forget about it.

The question i have asked is the only one I would need answering.

Hi Brian,
I would need the VIN to give you a precise answer.
I do not know the details of your contract, you should check it with customer service. My job is to answer the Mercedes question to your full satisfaction.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks and if I require any further assistance I contact you.

Regards Brian

Please reply when my help will be needed. Then the question will be open on my side and i will try to reply ASAP. If no help is needed, please close the question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please answer

There are 2 different types (900 or 457 series) of engines used on Axors with dozen variations.
THat is why i ask to give me the VIN of the vehicle, otherwise the valve clearance values might not be correct for specific Axor you have.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

WDB944233 2L

OK, although it is not a full VIN, i was able to determine that the truck has 457.9xx engine.

Click here for the valve adjustment instructions

Here is the description how it is done in 2 cranks

Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Technical support engineer