How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MB Paul Your Own Question
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Category: Mercedes
Satisfied Customers: 4317
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
Type Your Mercedes Question Here...
MB Paul is online now

Hi MB Expert I live in Sweden and own a 2007 MB CL500. I

This answer was rated:

Hi MB Expert
I live in Sweden and own a 2007 MB CL500. I have a problem with my DVD/CD changer that needs to be repaired or replaced.
The chassis number on the car is WDD2163711A002635 and the part number on the changer is according to my information A2168203985. On top of the DVD/CD changer is a label with the following numbering XXXX BE7071610001272 2.
I have searched the web for info and found on eBay by searching on the part number A2168203985 what seems to be something similar even though I believe that unit comes from a 2007 MB S550 model so I'm not sure this will work for me. My local dealer claims that I need to buy a complete new command module (6000EURO) since the changer is integrated on top of the command module but that's not a problem since I have already removed the changer from the command unit, but he still can’t help me find someone to repair it or where to find a new/used CD changer.
So it would be very much appreciated if you could help me with some info on where to fix it or to purchase a new/used DVD/CD changer.
Many tnx in advance//Leif B Sweden
Hi Leif,

Your CD changer that you have removed is also the main COMAND control unit on this model - so what your dealer is telling you is correct. As far as Mercedes is concerned this can only be replaced as one complete unit & is very expensive.

However there are companies that can repair & replace the changer mechanism inside the COMAND unit.

I am in the UK & we have used this company many times for such a repair: Maple Audio

The cost from memory to replace is around 4-500 Euros.

You may also find a company closer to home but I can certainly recommend this UK repairer for this type of repair & would recommend contacting them to see if they will ship back to Sweden (in the UK if you send an audio unit for repair they will courior back including in the repair price).

Best regards, Paul
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi "MB Paul"

Thanks for the feedback.

When you say replaced I guess you mean a used unit with verified functionality, right..?? If not do you have any idea about repair cost for such a unit.?

Before contacting Maple Audio could you please take a look at this link and give me your opinion if this unit can be used in my car, i.e. even if the BE number on top of the changer is different from mine.


Hi Leif,

I tried to look at the link but unfortunately I do not speak German so cannot read it Im afraid!

The part number is ***** is important - the BE is the serial number from Becker which will change from unit to unit.

I would always recommend speaking to the seller to confirm suitability for your unit.

As for Maple audio they will repair your own unit - so you remove & send them your unit, they will repair & send back. This should work out cheaper & also have the added benefit of knowing it is the correct unit for your car!

Best regards, Paul
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I'm sorry for that, I guess it depends on which browser you use I'm using Google Chrome and by right clicking there is and option to translate to your own language.

Anyway thanks for your help I will most certainly contact the seller before ordering anything.


No problem at all,

Let me know if you need anything else or please remember to rate my answer positively if you are happy with my help

Best regards, Paul
MB Paul and other Mercedes Specialists are ready to help you