How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stan Your Own Question
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Category: Mercedes
Satisfied Customers: 3526
Experience:  Technical support engineer
Type Your Mercedes Question Here...
Stan is online now

i have a 53 plate clk damaged , and have my eye on a 2009

Customer Question

hi i have a 53 plate clk damaged , and have my eye on a 2009 clk petrol non runner, is it possible to convert these over ie is the body the same etc
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 3 years ago.
Stan :

2003 was the body change year for the CLK. If you have the WDB209.. in the VIN ( newer 2003-2009 model ), then the bodies are the same. If you have the WDB208 in the VIN, then bodies are totally different.

Stan :

best regards,