Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.

Is it possible to tune an older mercedes 1991 230e ????

is it possible to tune an older mercedes 1991 230e ????

Hi, my name is***** do you mean by "tune"? Are you looking for a performance upgrade or just a basic tune up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
performance upgrade
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to equal 260

As far as the fuel and ignition systems go there is really nothing you can do to increase the performance aside from advancing the ignition timing. You can put a free flowing exhaust system on the car. That would make the biggest difference. I have never seen any performance camshafts offered for this motor. Oversized pistons would increase the performance but then you are getting into some major engine work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks,it was worth a try regards Brian