Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a 16 year old slk230 convertible and when the

Customer Question

I have a 16 year old slk230 convertible and when the weather/ engine get warm the break peddle stays down not releasing
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi Julian, my name is***** the brakes are not releasing you need to see which calipers are getting stuck. When the brakes are locked up you need to lift the car and go to each wheel and see which ones are not turning. Open the bleeder screw on the brake caliper at each of the locked wheels and see if the wheel will turn. If it doesn't you simply need to replace the brake caliper on that wheel. If it does turn when you open the bleeder you need to repeat the test but this time loosen the lines at the brake master cylinder. If the brakes release when you loosen the lines at the master cylinder you have a fault with the master cylinder or with the pedal adjustment. If the brakes do not release when you loosen the lines at the master cylinder you may have plugged brake hoses or a fault with the ABS modulator.

Let me know if you have any questions.