Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a mercedes 2008 CLK sport. When I put the lights on,

I have a mercedes 2008 CLK sport. When I put the lights on, at the back on both sides, the lower quarter does not light up at all but the 2 top brake lights both light up. When the brake is applied they both get brighter and the centre brake light comes on.
The bulbs in the bottom are working fine so there seems to be a connection or electrical fault somewhere.
This only started a few months ago as before that the lights were all working fine
Can you advise how to get this fixed at a reasonable price as the car is only worth £6k so I am not spending £500.00 on it.

Hi, my name is***** problem is usually resolved by replacing the left and right bulb holders. If you post the vin number I can give you the part numbers for the bulb holders.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi,Thanks for that - the VIN number is *****Look forward to hearing from you as to where i can get the parts and what they cost.

Hi, you will need part number 209 820 07 77 and 209 820 08 77.

Let me know how you make out.

Marty

They retail for $35 each at the Mercedes dealer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks - i'll do that !

You're quite welcome.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I got the parts this weekend and unfortunately it has not worked - everything is exactly the same !