Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2012 mercedes s class 350 desiel which has stopped

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2012 mercedes s class 350 desiel which has stopped charging I changed the alternator but still not charging changed the battery temp sensor with earth lead and battery is goodI am at a loss to what it can be when the engine is running and lights at on the look like they are strobing but after a while the battery discharges and all systems switch off the battery light come on the dashCan any expert help
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

I'd next check that the alternator is actually charging the battery in the car by taking a battery voltage reading with the engine off then another with the engine running. The 2nd reading should be higher than the 1st and climbing steadily. And also check that the alternator is secure to the engine as this provides the ground for the charging circuit and make sure that the engine / gearbox earth strap is secure and the contacts are clean and bright.