Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

The front windscreen wipers occasionally stop working for an

Customer Question

The front windscreen wipers occasionally stop working for an hour or so. First happened 2 years ago, reappeared last month once and again 4 days ago. Merc garage diagnostics cannot pinpoint fault as it is now working again. Can you suggest a way forward to try and diagnose the fault. By the way - the COMMAND radio system has been playing up for the last three years suggesting an earthing or electrical connection fault.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This may be an issue with a sam control unit causing this fault here.The only issue is usually the fault has to be acting up for a dealer to be able to then diagnose and locate the issue.If they did not check for fault codes in all computers this needs to be done.If both issues started to occur at the same time I suspect a sam control unit fault possibly as this can cause this type of issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete