Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Indicators,wipers,washer,headlight flash not working.head

Customer Question

indicators,wipers,washer,headlight flash not working.head lighr dip works hazed lights work.changed indicator multi seitch also changed relay unit with starter relay on it on the right hand side of the bonnet.MERCEDES T-MODEL C-CLASS 1999.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** fuse 22 in the main fuse box under the hood. That fuse powers the combination switch for the turn signals and wipers and headlight flash.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
as isaid checked all the fuses
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
that is the first thing idid checked the fuses all ok
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.

And did fuse 22 have 12V to it with the key on?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
HI CAN YOU PHONE ME OR YOU GIVE ME YOUR NUMBER. I HAVE THE OLD PHONE 20YEAR OLD
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately, I am unable to call to the UK. Are you able to measure the voltage at the fuse?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
CAR IS OUT SIDE &ITS RANING YOU WILL HAVE TO WATE ABOUT 15 MINUTS BECAUSE THE SWITCH IS OUT I WILL HAVE TO PUT IT BACK & THEN TALK TO YOU ALSO CHECK FUSE VOLTAGE
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.

Ok, fuse 22 powers the pink/black wire at the combination switch connector. Make sure you have power there as well with the key on.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I CAME BACK THE FUSE HAS 12V NOW I HAVE TO GO OUT AGAIN TO CGEAK PINK / BLACK WIRE PLEASE WATE
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
NO POWER TO PINK/BLACK WIRE
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.

Well that's the problem. Now you need to trace the wire back in the harness until you locate the break in the circuit. Replace fuse 22 with a new fuse just in case there is a problem with the fuse. Next step would be to check various points in the harness with a sharp probe.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
THAT IS A LONG PROSES &IT'S RANING HARD NOW WHAT CAN WE DO LET ME KNOW
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.

You can get back to me later if you need further assistance. I am usually not far away from my computer. Just save a link to this question if you need to reply back. I will be here if you need anything.

Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.

Hi, just checking in. How are you doing?